Duration: 3 ½ years
Eligibility: 10th Pass, 12th Pass(all subjects)
Age: 15-25 years
Lateral Entry: ITI Pass, Diploma Pass (mechanical trade)
Certification: German Chamber of Skilled Crafts, Koblenz, Germany
Engineering design firms etc.
Job profile after Graduation:
Tool room engineer
Tool & Die maker
Estimated Salary after Graduation:
Rs. 240,000- Rs. 560,000
• Plan and control working procedures, work as part of a team, check, evaluate and document work results and make use of quality assurance methods
• Produce component parts from different materials, using tools and machines
• Programme and operate machines with numerical control
• Make injection moulds, press moulds and stamping moulds, as well as punching and recasting tools
• Produce devices and operating equipment to support and/or extend industrial production facilities
• Put together structural parts and subassemblies to produce tools, instruments, devices and moulds
• Make mould surfaces using fine machining techniques
• Carry out maintenance work
• Check and optimize functions and processes in terms of quantity and quality
• Use technical documentation as well as English language information and communication systems
• Soft skills
• Manufacturing components with hand tools
• Manufacturing components with conventional machines such as lathe, milling, grinding, drilling etc.
• Manufacturing simple components including basic welding
• Machine maintenance
• Producing finished components by turning, milling, grinding etc.
• Material selection, heat treatment, testing, calibration and metrology
• Producing components with CNC machines i.e. CNC milling, CNC turning
• Industrial automation i.e. pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-pneumatic
• EDM, wire cut, precision grinding, polishing, mirror polishing, inspection and QC documentation
• Produce components with computer aided manufacturing, CAD-CAM and CNC programming
• Tool design, detail drawing preparation, assembly and trial
• Manufacturing and maintenance of tools, jigs, fixtures and trials
• Tool design, Tool production, die maintenance, project planning, production jobs
• Safety, Environmental considerations, Soft skills for the workplace
Mechanical: Engineering drawing, Manufacturing technology, Engineering measurements, Workshop calculations, CNC technology, VMC, Wire Cut, EDM, Press tool technology, Mould technology, Die casting technology, Jigs & fixture, Tool design drawing, Autocad, CAM (Computer aided manufacturing), 3D design etc.
Other technical: Material Science, Strength of materials, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Basics of electrical & electronics, Quality control, Industrial engineering etc.
Auxiliary: English, Mathematics, Physics, estimating & costing, social science, computer essentials, entrepreneurship, soft skills etc.